Established in 1870 as the “Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College,” Ohio’s flagship university dates back to Abraham Lincoln signing into effect the 1862 Morrill Act.
This act allocated land to states in order to found or fund institutions that promoted agricultural and mechanic arts.
The first class of 24 students enrolled at “Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College” in 1873, and courses were held two miles outside Columbus at the old Neil farm. By 1878, the foundation for the school Buckeyes now know and love was set when proponents of a more-expansive curricula, one that incorporated English as well as foreign and ancient languages, won the college board over and led to the school’s new name: THE Ohio State University. Pay homage in this super-soft hoodie.
*Coupon codes and discounts are not currently eligible for Ohio State University-licensed apparel. We apologize for the inconvenience.